Privacy Statement and Credit Policy StatementPurpose of Collection:
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual and includes facts or an opinion
about you which identifies you or by which your identity can be reasonably
The collection of your personal information is essential to enable us to conduct our business of offering and providing you with our range of financial products and services.
We collect personal information for the purposes of:
- identifying and protecting you when you do business with us;
- establishing your requirements and providing the appropriate product or service;
- assess your personal and/or commercial creditworthiness;
- make a determination about the risk of you defaulting on your obligations to us;
- undertake, where appropriate, risk assessment and management involving securitization, credit scoring, portfolio analysis, reporting and fraud prevention and claim recovery;
- setting up, administering and managing our products and services;
- assessing and investigating, and if accepted, managing a claim made by you under one or more of our products; and training and developing our staff and representatives
Consequences if personal information is not provided: If we request personal information about you and you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with the financial product or service that you request, or provide you with the full range of services we offer.
Where we get personal information:
We obtain personal information from any of the following:
- you in the process of your loan application or in other communication with you;
- publicly available information such as telephone directories, information on websites or from public databases such as the electoral roll;
- other credit providers from whom we request information;
- credit reporting bodies;
- persons or entities you have authorized to provide us with information;
- your use of our website with the aid of “cookies”, and marketing companies from which we may acquire information in order that we may offer services to you.
We use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it.
We may also use and disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose that is related to the purpose for which we collected it. This would happen in cases where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information for that secondary purpose. In the case of sensitive information, any secondary purpose, use or disclosure will be directly related to the purpose of collection.
When necessary and in connection with purposes of collection, we may disclose your personal information to and/or collect your personal information from:
- other companies/Entities within the Jass Group (Aus) Pty Ltd T/A KNote Australia ABN 69138938646;
- where required or authorised under our relationship with our joint venture companies;
- information technology providers, including hardware and software vendors and consultants such as programmers;
- Research and development service providers;
- your advisers, agents or representatives; Credit reporting agencies, our financiers;
- legal and other professional advisers;
- printers and mail house service providers, payment system operators (if any);
- External dispute resolution schemes,
- our contractors, agents and service providers (including debt collectors) in order that we may deal with you more efficiently or collect monies owing to us;
- our ASIC and OAIC approved external dispute resolution service;
- our insurers, insurance underwriters/providers in relation to our insurance policies;
- entities who may purchase (or who may be interested in purchasing) any interest in the obligations you may owe us under the credit contract, and
- Entities (either credit licensees (credit providers or credit assistance providers) or lead providers) to whom we may sell your personal information for a fee. The credit licensees or lead providers may either provide a service to you themselves or on-sell your personal information to others on the same basis as your personal information is sold to them.
Credit Policy and Credit Information:
All credit and other services are provided are subject to KNote Australia Credit policies and guide lines . KNote Australia reserves the right to decline any credit application anytime.
We collect following information as part of credit eligibility process:
- to identify information such as your name, date of birth, sex, address(es), employment/business details and driver’s license number;
- that KNote Australia, or another credit provider, is a current credit provider of yours and details of the type, characteristics and amount of credit provided to you;
- information regarding the fact that KNote Australia has accessed your consumer credit information in connection with its assessment of an application for commercial credit;
- information that we obtain from credit reporting bodies about you such as reports, records, credit scores or assessments and any information that we then derive from that information which has a bearing on your creditworthiness (Subject to and such as internal credit scores, assessments, summaries or evaluations). We may hold, use and/or disclose this information to:
- To inform third party agents , debt collectors, Notify credit reporting bodies for the credit provided or in case of default od contract
- To provide reference to another credit provider or as part of referral program.
- To determine guarantors eligibility as part of application or credit process.
Access & Correction:
You can request access/Correct to the Personal/Credit information we hold about you by contacting us. In some circumstances, If we deny your request for access, we will tell you why. If accessing your personal information will take an extended period of time, we will inform you of the likely delay. For more detailed requests for access to personal information, for example, access to information held in archives, a fee may be charged to cover the associated cost of retrieval and supplying this information.
We would like to use and disclose your personal information to keep you up to date with the range of products and services available from Jass Group (Aus) Pty Ltd T/A KNote Australia. Generally, our companies in the Jass Group (Aus) Pty Ltd T/A KNote Australia group will use and disclose your personal information for KNote Australia’s marketing purposes. If you do not want us to use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of marketing products and services to you, you should contact us and tell us. Contact
Please contact us to:
- change your mind at any time about receiving marketing material;
- request access to the personal information we hold about you; or
Complaints or Queries:
If you have any concern regarding any procedure or would like to contact us , please contact our Privacy Officer at support@ KNote.com.au Once we have identified you, we will advise you of the procedure within 14 days. Once the information obtained depending upon nature of Question/Complaint we will investigate the information and get back to you with in 30days in writing of the outcome.
If you are not satisfied with our decision, you can take your matter to external dispute resolution